The set of required documents depends on the purpose of use of the building. One of the simplest is individual house. The set of possible documents required for applying for a use and occupancy permit we would like to list here. The exact list is specific to each case and the building.


  1. POST-CONSTRUCTION AS-BUILT DRAWINGS – it is a revised drawing created after construction is finished, where all the buildings and facilities located on the property are listed and on the basis of which, among other things, it can be checked whether the building / facility is located at the project site. In addition, the pavements, ground heights, utility networks and other objects located on the property shall be marked on the as-built drawings


  1. AUDIT OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS – an audit, as a result of which it must be confirmed that the electrical installation of the building is safe and ready for use. NB! In case of new buildings, the preparation of the audit requires a design of the electrical installation and a declaration of conformity by the builder of the electrical installation.


  1. AUDIT OF GAS INSTALLATIONS – if the building is heated by a gas supply from the street network, the gas installation must be inspected by an appropriately accredited company by conducting an audit of the gas installation. The audit must show that the gas installation complies with the requirements and is safe to use.


  1. AS-BUILT DRAWINGS – if modifications have been made to the construction and the result is different from the initial project, then in order to verify them, a respective amendment project shall be executed, based on the as-built drawings. The scope of the project includes floor plans, views, section and a table of technical indicators of the building.


  1. AMENDMENT PROJECT– a project necessary for the modification of a construction with an existing building permit. If modifications were made to the initial project, which can be changed through amendment project, an amendment to building design documentation shall be prepared.


  1. GENERAL CONSTRUCTION AUDIT – an audit that replaces the construction documentation (journals of building operations, reports of covered works) in their absence in the use and occupancy permit procedure, and / or is necessary to assess the safety of the building and, if required, the conformity of the construction work to spatial plan.


  1. FIRE SAFETY AUDIT – an audit to assess the building’s compliance with fire safety requirements. In the case of individual houses, the need of fire safety audit arises if the building does not correspond to the building design documentation and if with amendment project it is not possible to verify modifications. It is also necessary if there is no documentation (reports of covered works, certificates, etc.) on the performance and compliance of fire safety works.


  1. EXPERT ASSESSMENT OF HEATING STOVES – the necessary document if the safety of the heating stoves cannot be proved. In an individual house, the owner can install the heating stoves himself, as well as factory-produced solid heaters and chimneys. Product certificates, installation and operating instructions must be available and, in the case of a chimney, a report of covered works/ cross-sectional diagram to prove that the chimney has been installed through wall and roof in accordance with the installation instructions. However, in the case of non-factory products of individual house, in the absence of a heating stove certificate, an expert assessment of heating stoves must be ordered. In residential buildings with two or more apartments and in other larger buildings, the owner may no longer install heating stoves himself, but in the absence of documentation of the heating stoves (reports of covered works, oven certificate, etc.), an expert assessment of the heating stoves must be ordered to prove the conformity of the installed products.


  1. CHIMNEY SWEEPING ACT – if the building has solid fuel stoves, for example, furnace, fireplace or cooker, then a chimney sweeper with professional certificate should inspect / clean chimney and flue. If he will evaluates the heating system as compliant, a chimney sweeping act will be issued. According to the current law, the system in individual houses must be inspected / cleaned every five years.


  1. DRINKING WATER ANALYSIS – required when using a borehole or well as a drinking water supply. You can take the samples yourself and take them to the laboratory or order the corresponding service from the laboratory.


  1. FOR A HOLE WELL – hole well certificate


  1. FOR SEWAGE CONTAINER – the certificate and installation certificate of the tank and, in some cases, invoices certifying the removal of the waste water.


  1. FOR AIR SOURCE HEAT PUMPS – pump certificate, and by request of local government – noise survey.


  1. FOR FORCED VENTILATION – an airflow measurement protocol showing the air volume in the room.